Kate Campbell initially pursued a career in teaching before she became a full-time professional songwriter and performer. After graduating with a bachelor’s degree from Samford University in Birmingham, AL with a major in History and a minor in Music Theory and Composition, Kate earned a Master of Arts from Auburn University with an emphasis on the history of the American South. Kate held teaching assistantships at the University of California-Riverside and Vanderbilt University while engaging in doctoral studies and was an Adjunct Professor of History at Belmont University in Nashville, TN and Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro, TN.
In addition to performing concerts at colleges and universities across the country, Kate is often invited to be a guest lecturer on topics as diverse as literature, songwriting and the business of music, creative writing, spirituality and, of course, history. Below is a sampling of academic institutions where Kate has lectured and/or performed concerts.
- Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN)
- Oregon State University (Corvallis, OR)
- Auburn University (Auburn, AL)
- Auburn University (Montgomery, AL)
- Bethel College (Newton, KS)
- Carson Newman College (Jefferson City, TN)
- Centre College (Danville, KY)
- Cumberland University (Lebanon, TN)
- Dallas Baptist University (Dallas, TX)
- Georgetown College (Georgetown, KY)
- Judson College (Marion, AL)
- Madisonville Comm. College (Madisonville, KY)
- Manatee Community College (Venice, FL)
- Mars Hill College (Mars Hill, NC)
- Oberlin College (Oberlin, OH)
- Regis College (Weston, MA)
- Samford University (Birmingham, AL)
- University of Alabama Huntsville (Huntsville, AL)
- Winthrop University (Rock Hill, SC)
- Wisconsin Lutheran College (Milwaukee, WI)
- Augusta State University (Augusta, GA)
If you are interested in inviting Kate Campbell to your college or university, please fill-in as much information as possible on the College/University Information Form below. Please note that this is not a contract, but an organized way to begin the conversations and our evaluation of your opportunity for Kate. With all events, a deposit of 50% of the total compensation is due at the time of booking in order to secure the date.
Please do not hesitate to contact our office with any questions.
Large River Music
P.O. Box 121743
Nashville, TN 37212